Check out podcast episodes from Stuff Your Mom Never Told You, Ladies Who Lunch, and Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations and more. The episodes include topics about intimate partner violence, sexual violence, human trafficking, stalking, and sexual harassment. Included at the end of the list are podcasts with content that is always geared towards self-care, therapy, surviving abuse, and ending human trafficking.
Some individuals may find any of these podcasts to be triggering. If you feel the need to call a hotline, we encourage you to do so. The National Domestic Violence Hotline can be reached 24/7 at 1-800-799-7233. The National Sexual Assault Hotline can be reached 24/7 at 1-800-656-4673 (or you can chat with them online here). The National Human Trafficking Hotline can be reached 24/7 at 1-888-373-7888 (you can chat with them online here; or text HELP to 233733). The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline can be reached 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255 (or you can chat with them online here).Stuff Your Mom Never Told You Podcast by HowStuffWorks
Intimate Partner Violence
- Why We Should Talk About Dating Violence
- Domestic Violence in Our House (trigger warning: description of a sexual assault)
- Domestic Violence 101
- Classic Episode: A Brief History Of Rape
- Classic Episode: Does Rape Culture Exist?
- What Is A Rape Kit? (trigger warning: descriptions of assault and immediate aftermath)
- Campus Sexual Assault and Title IX
- Larry Nassar’s Crimes
- Aziz Ansari, #MeToo, and the Media
- #MeToo 2: Louis CK Edition
- Terry Crews and the Men of #MeToo
- Here’s Why You’re Seeing Cyntoia Brown’s Tragic Story Everywhere
- Is Sex Slavery A Growing Problem?
- Why Are More People Enslaved Than Ever Before?
- Can’t Hardly Wait To Talk About Stalking
- The Legal History of Sexual Harassment
- The Anita Hill Effect
- Classic Episode: Is Catcalling Harassment?
- Will #TimesUp Help Curb Sexual Harassment?
- Gaslighting 101
- Classic Episode: The Revenge Porn Wars
- Slut-Shaming 101
Ladies Who Lunch by Ingrid Nilsen & Cat Valdes
- Sexual Harassment in Hollywood and Beyond
- Trying Out Therapy
- Releasing Resentment Towards Ourselves
- When People You Love Are Sexist
- Protection Against Toxic People
Black Girls Heal
- #12: When Trauma Shuts You Down in Relationships
- #24: Trauma Bonds
Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations by Oprah
- Reese Witherspoon: It’s About Time
- Salma Hayek Pinault: Making Peace with Yourself
- Cheryl Strayed: Brave Enough
- When Does Self Care Become Selfish?
- Glennon Doyle: The Power of Embracing Your Messy Beautiful Life
- Selma Hayek Pinault: More To Say About Harvey Weinstein, Aging, and Gratitude
Therapy for Black Girls
- Session 14: What are Boundaries and Why Do I Need Them?
- Session 15: Healthy Relationships Need Effective Communication
- Session 30: Red Flags in Relationships
- Session 86: The Gift of Boundaries
Interpersonal Violence (SA/DV)
- Session 18: Healing After A Sexual Assault
- Session 63: Healing After Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Session 90: What Every Parent Should Know About Perpetrators of Child Sexual Abuse
- Session 113: Recognizing and Managing Trauma
- Session 129: What You Need to Know About Domestic Violence
- Session 19: Sometimes You Gotta Feel the Feels
- Session 29: Respectability and Sexuality
- Session 80: Sexual Freedom
- Session 95: Unpacking Toxic Masculinity
What Would a Feminist Do?
- Sexual Assault Survivors Speak Out (4/2/2016)
En(gender)ed by Teri Yuan and Michael Duarte
Surviving Abuse Podcast by Mickie Zada
Ending Human Trafficking Podcast by Sandra Morgan and Dave Stachowiak
Journey On: Survivors Healing from Sexual Abuse & Assault Share Their Experience, Strength, & Hope by D.J. Burr
Self-Care for Survivors Podcast
Therapy Chat Podcast by Laura Reagan, LCSW-C